Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hiking with the Scouts

And who says guys can't multitask? My sweet husband took our two boys and some Boy Scouts for an orienteering hike. Every time he stopped walking, Pete, (in the front carrier) would wake up and start fussing. So he had to rock back and forth while trying to explain how to read a map and use a compass. It was sweet.




I know what some of you are thinking, "Why did she make him carry BOTH kids?" Actually, Dave is used to carrying heavier packs on his backpacking trips and actually looks for opportunities to "train". I just carried my camel back, (actually, its a camel hip) and took the pictures. It was nice.

5 comments:

beck said...

That is so adorable! What a cute, nice hubby!

The two old crows said...

That is a nice hubby. And great pictures. I think I recognized one of the scouts.

The two old crows said...

Maybe two of them.

Mad Hadder said...

Charlie looks like he's getting much much bigger!

Rob and Christina Watson said...

How fun for you to go with him and the scouts! And I love the pictures from the Thomas trip. How fun is that!!