Wednesday, September 10, 2008

He talks!

Call me obsessive but I was curious. I sat down today and typed as many words I could think of that Charlie can say, pretty understandably to anyone. I think it is a fairly good list, though not complete. And he'll try to imitate anything you say, including Japanese words!

Charlie’s words (19 months)

Airplane, Amen, Anna, Apple, Arms, Ashes, ashes, down!, Baby, Ball, Banana, Bar, Bath, Beans, Bed, Belly button, Birds, Blankie, Blue, Blueberry, Book, Bottle (water bottle), Bowl, Bread, Broccoli, Brush, Bubbles, Bug, Bus, Bye-bye, Car, Carrots, Cell phone, Cereal, Chair, Change (diaper), Cheek, Cheese, Clothes, Clothes, Cold, Color, Cookie, Cottage cheese, Couch, Crab, Cracker, Cup, Daddy, Daddy’s home, Doctor, Doggie, Done, Down, Downstairs, Drink, Duckie, Ear, Eat, Eggs, Elephant, Eye, Finished, Fish, Flower, Foot, Fork, Fozzie, Fruit snack, Get it, Glasses, Go? (where’d it go?), Goat, Gone, Gonzo, Goose, Grandma, Grapes, Green, Guys, Hair, Hand, Happy, Harmonica, Hat, Head, Hello, Help please, Hi, Charlie (talking for ducks), Home, Honey, Horse, Hot, Hotdog, Hurt, I don’t know, Izzie, Jacket, James, Jeffery, Jesus, Juice, Kale, Keys, Kitty, Knee, Legs, Let’s see…, Lets go, Light, Lily, Love you, Magnet, Melmo (Elmo), Mermit (Kermit), Milk, Minute (Just a minute), Momma, Monkey, Moose, More please, Mouth, Music, Neck, Night-night, No, Nose, Nursery, Oops, Outside, Pacifier, Pants, Pasta, Peaches, Pears, Peas, Pen, Please, Poopy, Pray, Purple, Raining, Raisin, Rocks, Sad, Sandwich, Seat (car and high chair), Shirt, Shoes, Shorts, Sleep, Smoothie, Snack, Socks, Spoon, Strawberry, Stroller, Teeth, Toast, Toes,Tom (Uncle), Towel, Toys, TV, Uh oh, Up, Walk, Water, Wet, What’s that?, Where is it?, Wow, Ya, Yes

6 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

I love it when they really start talking. It's amazing how much they can say at such a young age. Way to go Charlie!!! I definitely think you should try bangs. I tried bangs last winter and didn't really like them, but it was fun to get it done. You may end up loving them. I had been wanting to dye my hair since the beginning of the summer and just never got around to it. With the wedding coming up and the baby coming I realized I needed to do it before I wasn't able to. I like my hair dark, so it will be fun for a few months. It's not permanent. I just had her use the stuff that fades out in a few months. Last time she did it it lasted about 6 months. I'm kind of hoping it will last that long again. Please post a picture if you do decide to cut your hair. I think it would look really cute on you!

momomom said...

Fun fun fun! Mom, you're a Speech-path's dream come true:)He's pretty quick, isn't he!

Tom Giles said...

Of course it makes it seem like a lot when you put words like "clothes" in their twice in a row. Or are you making a distinction between two different dialectic pronunciations?

jenbulkley said...

Wow. Aubrie isnt saying that much. THats great! I just noticed that you are pregnant! awesome!

Brian and Lindsay Holmstrom said...

Hey Shelly! How are you? I have not talked to you in quite a long time I know! I am so glad to find your blog on here, I think it is a great way to keep in touch. I hope it is ok if I add you to my list. Keep in touch! P.S. Beautiful family!

Toones in a Bucket said...

What is your e-mail?

kens.s.toone@gmail.com