Sunday, December 14, 2008

A new residence

It has been a month since I last posted!!! We've moved. Out of the rental that we took care of as our own (i.e. the house Dave built a deck with his very own hands...for rent credit) and into our first house of our own. Actually, it is a townhouse, about 5 minutes up the street from our old house. We like it so far. The newness of it lacks character, my only real complaint. But it is our own nonetheless. We encountered mice going and coming from our oven!! just a few days after we moved in. Dave took care of that situation swiftly. Charlie enjoys sliding down the many stairs on his belly. The whole downstairs is a playroom! Some friends helped us paint the living room and the two boys rooms. Here we are outside on a gloomy day.



Our kitchen before we moved in. The kitchen is my favorite part.

I just don't have any pictures of the rest of the house yet. We are still in "move-in" mode. You'll just have to come visit and see for yourself.

6 comments:

The two old crows said...

Oh it is soooo nice to have your own place. That is a nice kitchen, the kitchen is where we used to spend the most time with our family, lots of happy memories.

Mad Hadder said...

That's a long skinny number of a house! Does it go to the other side as well? I like it!!!! And your little Yuppy car to the side! My gosh, you guys are poster children for the American Dream!

Debby said...

What a great kitchen. Enjoy your new home.

Tracy Giles said...

I love it!!! You must be so excited about your HUGE kitchen! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Rob and Tonya Shallenberger said...

Good luck moving in. It always feels good to finally get organized.

tonya

momomom said...

Congrats you home owner you! That kitchen rocks. EMail and let me know what city you're in:O)
I MAY actually be heading your way around March?! WOUld you be up for a visit?
Love,
Tiff